Key elements of SPEEDBACK™ Technology include:
- Low CG SPEEDBACKTM Sole – Mass is added low and back using a belt of steel that wraps around the back of the iron, creating a lower and deeper CG that maximizes ball speed, launch and carry distance. SPEEDBACK shaping strategically positions the weight belt just above the contact area on the sole to maintain the sole width of a conventional game-improvement iron.
- · High MOI Design – To maximize performance, SPEEDBACK shaping allowed more mass to be added low and wide (out to the heel and toe) compared to a traditional iron. Also, up to a combined 33 grams of Tungsten were added to the heel and toe in the 4-7 iron, a material used in premium priced irons. These shaping improvements increase MOI by up to 10% in the long irons, creating more stability through higher inertia that results in substantial improvements in ball speed, distance, forgiveness, and even accuracy.
Other technologies featured in the irons include:
- Forged E9™ PWRSHELL™ Face – An improved E9TM (variable thickness) face is 3 grams lighter and features thin, 1.8 mm pockets in the upper heel and toe that expand the SWEET ZONE™ area on the face. The forged PWRSHELLTM insert features a deep undercut sole design and an all new 1.2 mm internal Speed Channel that absorbs and returns more energy to the ball for faster ball speeds and increased launch angle.
- Co-Molded Medallion – a 3-piece multi-material medallion combines Aluminum, a soft Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) and Acrylic foam that improves sound and feel by damping vibrations at impact. These irons
- CNC Milled Face and Grooves – CNC precision milling delivers more accurate lofts and allows for tighter tolerances on face roughness and groove shaping to optimize spin and trajectory control. Unlike cast grooves, which can vary in shape, CNC milling reduces the variability in the groove shapes to ensure that the performance is consistent in every iron.
- Progressive Spin Technology™ – The long irons, mid irons and wedges are each designed with different groove shapes to deliver specific performance characteristics. CNC milled V-grooves in the 4-7 irons improve distance by reducing spin for increased distance and flight time, while U-grooves in the 8-PW optimize spin for improved control and accuracy. Tighter-spaced wedge grooves in the GW and SW maximize spin and improve trajectory control for enhanced greenside precision.
- Progressive Hosel Lengths – Shorter hosel lengths in the long irons position the CG lower to promote higher launch, while progressively taller hosel lengths in the short irons and wedges raise the CG progressively to promote a lower, more controlled ball flight.
- COBRA CONNECT – The COBRA CONNECT, Powered By Arccos™ system features electronically enabled grips that work in conjunction with the Arccos Caddie app to give users the ability to track their stats and improve their game.